[Xcb] naming convention (finished)

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sun Sep 17 12:07:32 PDT 2006

Wow!  Amazing work, amazingly quickly.

Could you give us a little more detail on 7?  Do you just
mean that you made the style of the names match (which must
obviously be done) or did you mean that you changed the
names in some more substantive way?

Thanks hugely,


In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.0609171016400.4880 at grozny.maths.univ-evry.fr> you wrote:
> Hey,
> die, camel case, die !
> I have finally beaten that xsl stylesheet. It does compile without 
> warning. Some remarks:
> 1) we must change the name of XCBButton and XCBHost in xproto.xml, 
> otherwise, the compilation will fail.
> 2) we should change the name of XCBSetupReq in xproto.xml to 
> XCBSetupRequest, imho.
> 3) for defines and enum values, instead of TotoTata, I use TOTO_TATA.
> 4) Because of their name in xproto.xml, some enum values are not very 
> good, like XCB_CWBACK_PIXEL. Maybe we should change the name so that we 
> obtain XCB_CW_BACK_PIXEL. It's easy to do in xproto.xml (changing CW to 
> Cw).
> 5) the xsl stylesheet file is now a bit ugly. I'm sure that Josh will be 
> able to clean it a bit later ;)
> 6) I've tried to look at the code, to see if there are some problems. I 
> didn't see any, but I would like that more people see if there are 
> problems in the output code.
> 7) I've also changed the naming convention of the xcb api. I think that 
> it's better to have a consistent scheme.
> 8) I have modified a (short) prog without looking at xproto.h, modifying 
> the names as they should be. There were no problem, compilation and 
> execution. Of course, the program were short, but it was a test...
> I don't see any other remarks. The diff file is attached. It contains the 
> changes in the .xsl file and in the api too. Please comment and check.
> thank you
> Vincent

More information about the Xcb mailing list