[Xcb] making the icccm functions async

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu Apr 12 18:55:02 PDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 09:34:38AM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> actually, there is a possible round trip in xcb_get_text_property (if
> reply->bytes_after is not 0).
>
> I've checked the Xlib code, but I don't see such code in it.

Yeah, I was confused a long time ago and wrote the same crappy code in
several places. :-/

Anything that does an xcb_get_property with a small long_len, then
checks bytes_after and makes the same call again with a bigger long_len,
is broken. It should just make one call with a really big long_len, like
Xlib does. Elsewhere in icccm.c, 1000000L is used, which I believe is
the value Xlib uses under these circumstances.

As far as I can tell, only xcb_get_text_property in icccm/icccm.c has
this problem now. Please feel free to commit a fix. :-)

--Jamey