[Xcb] making the icccm functions async

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Apr 12 19:13:25 PDT 2007

In message <20070413015502.GA5081 at id.minilop.net> you wrote:
> It should just make one call with a really big long_len,
> like Xlib does. Elsewhere in icccm.c, 1000000L is used,
> which I believe is the value Xlib uses under these
> circumstances.

Gah.  I hate this kind of thing.  Is there an official max
property length in the documentation someplace?  (Yes, I'm
too lazy to look right now.)

> As far as I can tell, only xcb_get_text_property in
> icccm/icccm.c has this problem now. Please feel free to
> commit a fix. :-)

As I suggested before, I'd really prefer to see this routine
factored out of icccm/.  It really doesn't seem to belong
there.  Move it into the property library, unless there's
one like it there already, in which case just delete it.

    Bart