[Xcb] some fixes of the Makefile.am in util/

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Wed Feb 21 09:50:10 PST 2007

Hey

all the names of the libs in util follow that scheme : libXCBMy_lib.*

I suggest that we rename them as libxcb-my_lib.*, as it is in libxcb right
now.

Anything wrong with that ?

Also, I think that in all the Makefile.am, there's a small mistake:

AM_CFLAGS is defined, as well as foo_CFLAGS (if foo is the library). But
according to the automake documentation [1], AM_CFLAGS is not used if
foo_CFLAGS is defined.

Instead of adding the content of AM_CFLAGS to foo_CFLAGS, I propose to use
foo_CPPFLAGS instead of foo_CFLAGS, which is the correct variable to use,
btw.

Or we can only use AM_CFLAGS et AM_CPPFLAGS, no foo_CPPFLAGS. Which can
sometimes simplify the Makefile.am file (see image/Makefile.am, e.g.)

Vincent

[1]
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Flag-Variables-Ordering