[Xcb] Will you draw us a logo?

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sat Mar 3 13:21:25 PST 2007

Gearóid,

Greetings!  And congrats on an amusing webcomic.

I am one of the founders of the XCB project
(http://xcb.freedesktop.org) that is building infrastructure
for the X Window System.  In a recent online discussion, we
decided we needed a mascot logo for the project, and for
various reasons we decided on a Neko-like kitty.  But none
of us can draw.  So when I ran across your webcomic today
and took a look at strips like
  http://www.nekothekitty.net/cusp/daily.php?date=070219
I thought it might be perfect for us.

Maybe you'd be willing to draw us something we can use and
distribute freely under the open source MIT license?  We
don't have money to offer in compensation, I'm afraid, but
you will be properly credited (including a link-back to your
comic), and will be helping out an open source project that
is intended to benefit users worldwide.

Thanks much for any help you'd be willing to give, and in
any case thanks for putting your work on the web.

    Bart Massey
    Assoc. Prof. Computer Science
    Portland State University
    bart at cs.pdx.edu