[Xcb] [wiki] Plan

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sat Mar 3 23:56:52 PST 2007

Hey,

I find the plan on the wiki a bit unreadable. Before adding a menu ala
cairo website and in order to help people a bit until that menu is
written, I suggest the following plan:

* Introdction
   [we put the first sentence of the current wiki here]

* Download
   - You can obtain released versions of XCB from
http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist .
   - Follow the instructions from the InstallationGuide [another page] to
build.

* Development
   - If you wish to work on XCB, please read the DevelopersGuide
[describe what that page is about]. Of course, there's still a lot to do.
   - Xlib-XCB: To aid porting applications, you can configure Xlib to use
XCB for the transport layer. We call this  Xlib/XCB.
   - Mailing lists: Discussion of XCB and Xlib/XCB is through the XCB
mailing list.
   - IRC: XCB developers also hang out on  IRC, and have occasional
meetings.
   - The XcbApi is documented. There is also a tutorial and some random
notes.
   - XML/XCB: XCB is built atop an XML description of the X core protocol
and common extension protocols called  XML/XCB. This protocol can be used
in other interesting ways.

* Miscellaneaous
   - [history]
   - [publications]