[Xcb] Committing to xcb?

Josh Triplett josh at freedesktop.org
Fri May 4 11:06:07 PDT 2007

Matthias Hopf wrote:
> On May 04, 07 00:52:48 -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
>> Matthias Hopf wrote:
>>> I would suggest at least telling me why it is so difficult to either
>>> join the XCB development, or to get a rejection.
>> We typically do give people git commit access who have submitted good patches
>> and plan to work on XCB more in the future.  However, I hadn't seen any
>> patches, or mails to the list, and I didn't know what kind of work you wanted
>> to do on XCB.  Please pardon the caution.  However, that doesn't give us an
>> excuse to simply fail to respond.  My sincere apologies.
>
> No need to apology. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't lost. If the
> policy in XCB is to only get commit rights after patches have been
> accepted, that's fine with me as well, it's just a bit different to the
> policy on other X projects (server, libX11, etc.), which is somewhat
> inherited from CVS days.

Not necessarily "after patches have been accepted".  If someone sends some
patches, and we review them and like them, and we expect them to do more in
the future, we sometimes just give them commit access and say "go ahead and
commit your patches", rather than committing the patches and then giving
commit access.

- Josh Triplett