[Xcb] Committing to xcb?

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri May 4 04:18:00 PDT 2007

On May 04, 07 00:52:48 -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > I would suggest at least telling me why it is so difficult to either
> > join the XCB development, or to get a rejection.
>
> We typically do give people git commit access who have submitted good patches
> and plan to work on XCB more in the future.  However, I hadn't seen any
> patches, or mails to the list, and I didn't know what kind of work you wanted
> to do on XCB.  Please pardon the caution.  However, that doesn't give us an
> excuse to simply fail to respond.  My sincere apologies.

No need to apology. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't lost. If the
policy in XCB is to only get commit rights after patches have been
accepted, that's fine with me as well, it's just a bit different to the
policy on other X projects (server, libX11, etc.), which is somewhat
inherited from CVS days.

> For the purposes of mentoring an SoC student, regardless of whether you have
> commit access or not, the student should grab a copy of XCB from git, maintain
> their own branch, and publish that branch (on people.fd.o if they have an fd.o

Definitely!

Thanks

Matthias

--