[Xcb] XKB once again ... i give up

Thomas Hunger hto at arcor.de
Fri Sep 21 05:17:50 PDT 2007

Hey,

After another frustrating week in which I  tried to understand the
weird semantics and how to write xcb-util stuff for it, I sat down
today and implemented the interesting bits of logic + a parser for
the layouts (no geometries yet, but looks simple as well) on the
client side in a few hours. Much more fun.

XCB-XKB works kind of, if you don't mind rolling your own binary
structs in many places. If anyone wants to take this I can give some
guidance, but I will not continue with XKB.

Tom