[Xcb] xcb_parse_display and _xcb_open on Mac OS X

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sat Aug 16 18:00:18 PDT 2008

Yeah, the DISPLAY variable parser really wants you to give a
format that's like Xlib's.  This is arguably a bug.  The
offending line in your case is line 130 in xcb_util.c ...

      static const char base[] = "/tmp/.X11-unix/X";

Perhaps you need to build a patch that will look for a
DISPLAY_BASE environment variable, or have MacOS-specific
conditional code for XCB, or both?

	Bart