[Xcb] xcb_randr

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Thu Dec 11 09:58:00 PST 2008

(Re-adding xcb@ again)

Michael Grunditz wrote:
>> xcb_wait_for_event() will also return errors on the connection. If you
>> want to check exactly this function, use
>> xcb_randr_set_screen_size_checked() instead, and xcb_request_check() to
>> check for any errors from that particular request.
>
> This returns error 8.
>
> Is there a list somewhere on the error codes ?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/doc/xorg-docs/plain/hardcopy/XProtocol/proto.PS.gz
Page 115-116 (8 is Match) and Page 4-5 "Some argument fails to match in
some way required by the request".

See also xcb/xproto.h, near *_error_t - XCB_MATCH is 8.

Digging deeper, you want to look at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/randrproto/tree/randrproto.txt

which says "All active monitors must be configured to display a subset
of the specified size, else a Match error results." I'm not an randr
person, so I don't know what that means, but I'm sure the rest of the
document will be informative.

Peter Harris
--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com