[Xcb] Extension specification documents

Jeremy Kolb jkolb at brandeis.edu
Mon Dec 29 17:44:34 PST 2008

Antoine Latter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the best list to ask, but here we go anyway.
>
> I always have a heck of a time finding the written specifications for
> parts of the X11 protocol.  Is there some central place for these
> things?  Right now I'm looking for the specification for the GLX
> extension, to look at which requests yield which errors, and which
> versions of GLX support which requests.
>
> More generally, where would I find this sort of thing for any of the extensions?
>
> Thanks,
> Antoine

You can find the GLX specification at opengl.org.  One of the ideas
behind XCB is that we could take the xml descriptions and generate
documentation for the over the wire protocols.  Just haven't gotten
around to it yet.  Vincent and I proposed the necessary xml to do this
we're just lazy and have no time.

Jeremy