[Xcb] About the API documentation

Vesa Paatero vpaatero at lavabit.com
Fri Jan 11 14:39:25 PST 2008

Ian Osgood wrote:
 >On top of this are the X protocol bindings used for requests, replies,
 > and their data types, structures, and constants. This is code
 > generated automatically from XML protocol descriptions. We
 > currently do NOT document the protocol, instead we rely on public > X
protocol documentation and consistent naming conventions. The >
functions you mention are at this level.

OK, thanks, I think I understand. I searched and found version X11R6 of
the protocol in www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/docs/xwindows/PROTO.pdf . Is
that the most relevant one? (I also feel curious to see the protocol
descriptions in XML and wonder how much it might take to automatically
create program code from them... :-)

Maybe some X Protocol related pointers would do good for the XCB
website, too, for visitors who haven't yet delved into the inner
workings of the X Window System.

Best Regards,
Vesa Paatero