[Xcb] what is generated by XML and what isn't? (newbie question)

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Thu Jan 31 00:06:38 PST 2008

Hey,

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, darrenjones at warpmail.net wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to XCB and lower-level X11 programming, and I'm a bit confused.
> In order to produce a working libxcb.so library, what parts are
> generated by XML and what parts are hand coded by C? For example, I
> don't see anything which might generate xcb_connect() in xcb-proto/src's
> XML's.

the C code corresponding to the X protocol is generated from XML files in
xcb-proto, and they are copied in libxcb/src

the other files C files that are not generated are in libxcb/src after
gettingg it from git (the archives already contains the C files generated
by xcb-proo, afaik), and only them. For example, see :

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xcb/libxcb.git;a=tree;h=63eac0b00ddab55f1cdc0d7246b131c6a9dd0e2d;hb=947a2e26e4217531e612a5110e6f95296c94614f;f=src

hth

Vincent