[Xcb] xcb pre-release

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Jul 18 17:46:06 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:25:33AM -0700, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Thanks hugely for doing this release, Peter!  I was
> surprised how much stuff we'd piled up.

No worries, and sorry about the version screwup. In the too many
commits/reverts the one that counted didn't get commited...

Anyway, since I'm only marginally aware of the status of libxcb, I tagged it
as a 1.2 pre-release. It would be good to get the actual 1.2 release out soon.
I also don't know the release policies of libxcb and how stable a version has
to be to be considered a minor release.

Do you have any official policies on that or do you just make it up on the
spot? If there are any, it might be worth adding it to the "Making a release"
section on the wiki [1].

Cheers,
  Peter

[1] http://xcb.freedesktop.org/DevelopersGuide/