[Xcb] xcb pre-release

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Jul 18 21:55:06 PDT 2008

In message <20080719004606.GA6530 at emu> you wrote:
> I also don't know the release policies of libxcb and how
> stable a version has to be to be considered a minor
> release.
>
> Do you have any official policies on that or do you just
> make it up on the spot? If there are any, it might be
> worth adding it to the "Making a release" section on the
> wiki.

We generally try to release only when there are either no
known regressions from the previous release, or at worst
when the regressions are unavoidable and well-explained.
Other than that, it's pretty much when we estimate we've
reached a point where a round of enhancements has been
"completed".

I'm not sure all this really constitutes a policy, much less
an official policy :-), but feel free to quote me on the
wiki.  Maybe Jamey and Josh will chime in at some point.

    Bart Massey
    Assoc. Prof. Computer Science
    Portland State University
    bart at cs.pdx.edu