[Xcb] release of util package

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Mar 4 09:08:59 PST 2008

Hey,

I would like to have a release of the util/ package, just because of
xcb_image improvements (big api change)

but I think that if we do that, we need to have a fixed api.

The main problem, imho, is to make all the calls to be async. So i did a
small search for them. Here is what I obtain:

[ ] atom (get_atom_name)
[ ] aux (xcb_aux_get_depth, xcb_aux_sync)
[X] event
[ ] icccm (a lot)
[ ] image (xcb_image_get, xcb_image_shm_get)
[X] keysyms
[ ] property (call_handler)
[X] renderutil
[X] reply
[ ] wm       not applicable

The 'X' says it's async. Otherwise, we need to separate the functions that
are between parenthesis in 2 parts. The exception is maybe xcb_aux_sync().

I can do some patches for them and put them in bugzilla

Except that, do you think that other stuff can block a release ?

Vincent