[Xcb] release of util package

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Wed Mar 5 03:33:13 PST 2008

Hey,

    Vincent> Hey, I  would like to have a release  of the util/ package,
    Vincent> just because of xcb_image improvements (big api change)

    Vincent> but  I think that if  we do that,  we need to have  a fixed
    Vincent> api.

Concerning  the API,  I wonder  whether  handle_event() (event/events.c)
could be  public (I know that  XCB developers don't like  this code, but
well,  it's quite  useful  in  some cases  ;)).   I'm currently  porting
awesome from Xlib to XCB and would need this because the main event loop
also   refreshes   the  statusbar   for   example,   so   I  can't   use
xcb_{wait,poll}_for_event_loop().  Do you think  it could be possible to
do this in the next util/ release?

Regards,
Arnaud Fontaine