[Xcb] Tiny cleanup patch that removes some code duplication

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Sep 22 00:00:49 PDT 2008

At 1222034394 time_t, Barton C Massey wrote:
> What do we want to do about providing EWMH support in util?

Why not.

> Julien, you don't seem to think we should just push it into
> icccm; should we have a separate ewmh library?

Yes we should because these are 2 differents things.

> If so,
> should it be the one that should support back-compatibility
> props.  And if so, should anyone ever use icccm, or should
> we just delete it?

No, everyone has to use ICCCM.
As I tried to explain, ICCCM defines some basic hints that EWMH does
not.

If you read EWMH specs[1] you'll see that it's clear:

« It builds on the Inter-Client Communication Conventions Manual
  [ICCCM], which defines window manager interactions at a lower level. »

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html#id2510407

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou