[Xcb] GSoC proposal questions

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Apr 1 17:16:34 PDT 2009

	Bart

In message <49D34D3C.6080307 at gmail.com> you wrote:
> I have asked Peter Hutterer, but he said that he does not
> really know XCB, only protocol stuff. So now, I'm looking
> for any person that knows XCB internals, and would like to
> become a mentor for gsoc idea "Complete and comprehensive
> input support for XCB". anyone ?

We'll dig you up a mentor, so you really don't have to.
Hopefully we can talk Peter into dealing with the hard part
of it, i.e. the input side, and any of us can help mentor
the XCB part.  I don't think you need to know any XCB
internals; just be able to write protocol descriptions in it
and build libraries atop it as far as I can tell.

> PS. If I'm doing something wrong, let me know.

Not at all!  Thanks much for your interest.

    Bart