[Xcb] Fwd: xcb win32 port

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 01:55:25 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Here's a followup on the mail I had sent to the list yesterday from
Duy who's been interested in the Win32 port.As the mail states the
patches work for now so we do have an independent verification of
them. He has managed to add to the patches though I haven't gone
through them yet. Duy from what I understand your patches eliminate
the need for pthread.h but the pthread.dll is still required. Since
pthread.h is also required in the UNIX build of XCB I'm not sure of
the exact benefit of this and would appreciate more clarification.
Comments from the community would be appreciated here too.

Also I have been using the win32 port of XCB quite a bit under windows
and so far it seems to be holding up. Duy your continued feedback here
would be appreciated. Please join the list so we could all hear from
you.

We now seem to have independent verification of this.....guys what's next?

Bye for now