[Xcb] no 'long double' => no python => no xcb => no X11 :(

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Wed Apr 22 07:16:11 PDT 2009

Philippe De Muyter wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 02:58:02PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:11:20 +0200, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
>>
>>> Will I need to fix pyhton or libffi or gcc for 'long double' support or
>>> do you have a easier suggestion ?
>>>
>> Run the python code generator natively on a host that has python, and
>> then use the generated .c/.h files for your target.
>
> Thank you for your quick answer, but could you be more specific :
>
> How do I 'run the python code generator' ?

./configure; make; on a machine that has python.

"make" will use python to generate .c and .h files from the XCB protocol
description. Those .c and .h files are cross-platform, and can be copied
as-is to your target.

> Which file do I need to copy ?

src/*.c, src/*.h (after running make).

> Will that make `configure' succeed on my mpc8540 machine ?

No; you will probably have to modify configure (or write your own
Makefile by hand). I'm afraid I don't know anything about the auto*
tools; maybe someone else can help.

> Best regards

Please subscribe to this list; it will reduce the chances of the
moderators accidentally deleting your email when cleaning out all the
spam. Thanks.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group