[Xcb] no 'long double' => no python => no xcb => no X11 :(

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel.be
Wed Apr 22 07:32:35 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:16:11AM -0400, Peter Harris wrote:

> Please subscribe to this list; it will reduce the chances of the
> moderators accidentally deleting your email when cleaning out all the
> spam. Thanks.

Done.

> Philippe De Muyter wrote:

> >> Run the python code generator natively on a host that has python, and
> >> then use the generated .c/.h files for your target.
> >
> > Thank you for your quick answer, but could you be more specific :
> >
> > How do I 'run the python code generator' ?
>
> ./configure; make; on a machine that has python.
>
> "make" will use python to generate .c and .h files from the XCB protocol
> description. Those .c and .h files are cross-platform, and can be copied
> as-is to your target.

Here is the end of the configure log on my machine that has python :( :

    checking for xsltproc... /usr/bin/xsltproc
    checking for XCBPROTO... configure: error: Package requirements (xcb-proto >= 1.1) were not met:

    Requested 'xcb-proto >= 1.1' but version of XCB Proto is 1.0

    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XCBPROTO_CFLAGS
    and XCBPROTO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

> > Which file do I need to copy ?
>
> src/*.c, src/*.h (after running make).

Do you by chance have those src/*.[ch] files available ?

> > Will that make `configure' succeed on my mpc8540 machine ?
>
> No; you will probably have to modify configure (or write your own
> Makefile by hand). I'm afraid I don't know anything about the auto*
> tools; maybe someone else can help.

Let's hope

Philippe