[Xcb] xproto test failed

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 07:39:29 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Peter Harris <git at peter.is-a-geek.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Current git version of xcb-proto fails to pass xmllint:
>>
>> ./xcb.xsd:58: element extension: Schemas parser error : Element
>> '{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}complexType': The content is not
>> valid. Expected is (annotation?, (simpleContent | complexContent |
>> ((group | all | choice | sequence)?, ((attribute | attributeGroup)*,
>> anyAttribute?)))).
>>
>> The culprit is commit 12a2b2bf7492d292c9f8e2b2abb3be1dc3e98ab1:
>
> I guess this is as good a time as any to advertise
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~peterh/xcbproto-enum/
>  or
> git pull git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~peterh/xcbproto-enum master
>
> which, among other things, reverts that commit and does the same thing
> in a different way.
>
> I'll push http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~peterh/xcbproto-enum/commit/?id=d7f720df741114d42bac270839719aee3da59af5
> now; it seems to fix the error.
>
> If anyone has any commentary on the other two commits, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Peter Harris

The documentation looks clear.

I'm not sure we need to specify the additional attributes inside list
or expression declarations, mainly because I'm afraid if we allow it
someone will try it.

If it's already happening, then that's where it needs to go.  It isn't
a big deal to me either way.

I have not yet reviewed the changes to xproto.xml

-Antoine