[Xcb] Invalid XIDs

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:13:15 PST 2009

In message <961fa2b40902101639x6628aa8ctc106318c63fd7d96 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> So the BadIDChoice error is occurring immediately after
> (what appears to be) the first time the server sends back
> a reply->count of 1. I think this confirms that you found
> the right problem, Bart.

Awesome.  Thanks hugely for tracking this one down.

> Anything more I can do to help? When roughly would a
> release with a fix be expected, for reference?

Sorry to be so late in getting back to you: I got
sidetracked.  I'm attaching the patch I intend to commit for
review: I decided I'm not really comfortable with it until
some others have looked at it, as it's a little involved.

Releases seem to be sporadic, with various XCB folks taking
the lead in producing new ones (thanks hugely!) lately.  I
don't know how long before we roll an official number again,
since Julien just did one.  Sorry to have missed the window.

Again, thanks for your help and patience.

    Bart