[Xcb] xcb-util compiling problems

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Wed Mar 11 09:15:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Barton C Massey wrote:
> I'm no longer convinced that we took the right road by
> getting rid of the enums.  They were mostly helpful, and I
> hate losing them in xcb_image.  Could someone please explain
> to me again why the enums needed to die?

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2009-February/004364.html and thread.

In order to get XCB_WINDOW_NONE as a constant, we ended up with enum
xcb_window_t, which conflicts with the xidtype xcb_window_t.

My preference at the time was for renaming enum xcb_window_t to
xcb_window_enum or similar.

Now I think I'd prefer a "white list" of old enum names that would
continue to be named _t, with new enums named with _enum or similar.

Thoughts?

Peter Harris