[Xcb] GSoC 2009: XKB and XI2 support

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Wed Sep 16 06:44:45 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Mariusz Ceier wrote:
>   I would nee d some RFC on new tags that I introduced for XKB, from the
> point of view of code generators of different languages.

I'll try to do a more thorough review later, but this one stuck out:

>  - replyof - makes copy of reply of given request a field of other
> request, e.g.
>    <replyof request="GetMap" name="map" />

Why? Can this not be done using the copy/paste function in your
editor? Or did I misunderstand the purpose of this syntax?

Every single piece of syntax you add is another piece of syntax that
*every* generator must support. In particular, this one looks like a
real pain to add to the Wireshark dissector (now on trunk -
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/tools/process-x11-xcb.pl?view=markup&pathrev=29871
).

Peter Harris