[Xcb] GSoC 2009: XKB and XI2 support

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Wed Sep 16 08:37:26 PDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 2:55 AM, Mariusz Ceier wrote:

> Hi :)
>    I would need some RFC on new tags that I introduced for XKB,
> from the
> point of view of code generators of different languages.

<many new constructs>

> Mariusz Ceier

This brings up a larger issue. The XCB protocol description language
includes two goals: support the existing protocol and extensions, and
make it easier for new extensions to be written.  Many of the
constructs included in the protocol descriptions are backbends to
support legacy extensions rather than to support best practice for
new X protocol extensions.  Would it be worthwhile to mark certain
constructs as deprecated as a guide for new extension authors?

Ian