[Xcb] Splitting up xcb-util repository

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Wed Aug 11 05:23:42 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 14:02 +0200, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> XCB  util libraries.  So,  I think  it would  be better  to just  have
> separate Git repository  (such as util-common-m4) for
> AX_COMPARE_VERSION
> and this macro, which would be imported into the util* repositories as
> Git submodule.

The name util-common-m4 suggest it would be limited to macros. You may
just as well
use this repo for any type of reusable code. This could be specific C
routines, documentation
template (sytle sheet) common error messages, etc... Anything that is
xcb reusable and very unlikely
to change over time. Set a .pc file for that repo so you can manage
version and obtain path.

Will the new repo be under the xcb path like xcb/util and the likes?
Bottom line it would be helpful to have
an "xcb" string somewhere in the path or name  to identify it as being
related to xcb.

These are just personal comments from an outsider...

Gaetan