[Xcb] Splitting up xcb-util repository

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Wed Aug 11 12:19:02 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 15:41 +0200, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> Would you consider applying the patch adding XORG_CHECK_GNU_M4 macro
> and
> also  the  version  bump?  Let  me  know  if  you  want  me  to
> correct
> anything. Thanks much!

Sure. It should be posted on the xorg-devel list for a wider review (I
have limited m4 knowledge).
I can take care of pushing, bumping and versioning. The macros package
must be released before any
other package uses the new macro.

I looked at the patch and I was a bit confused about exe names and GNU
version or not.
To flush out the functionality, I wrote a new patch so it should be
obvious if I missed something.
I don't think there is anything wrong about your patch, just some
assumptions I cannot verify.
In the patch I attached, it checks for both m4 and gm4 in current PATH
+ /usr/gnu/bin.
That should cover all cases.