[Xcb] Splitting up xcb-util repository

jamey at minilop.net jamey at minilop.net
Mon Aug 16 12:05:37 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Barton C Massey <bart at cs.pdx.edu> wrote:
> IMHO, it would be perfectly reasonable to raise the required
> versions of autoconf/automake for all of X.  I'd prefer that
> to some kludge that makes things work with older autoconf.
>
> autoconf 2.60 was released in June 2006, and 2.61 in
> November 2006.  I don't think that we're going to cripple
> anyone by requiring this "later" version.

The version in question, 2.62, appears to have been released in April
2008. That's getting into more questionable territory. For example,
current Debian stable (lenny) has 2.61, not 2.62. Of course, with the
squeeze release coming up, and with 2.65 available in lenny-backports,
I'm having trouble caring very much. On the other hand, if Gaetan is
willing to maintain support for older autoconf, who are we to stop
him? You and I, Bart, have managed to mostly keep our hands out of
autofoolery, and I for one would like to keep it that way. ;-)

Jamey