[Xcb] Question about XCB-XML

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Thu Jul 22 05:32:07 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Marcos Roriz wrote:
> Sorry for reviving the thread,
>
> You guys use python scripts to generate the code (which parses the code). I
> need to generate the java bindings (escher). Best bet is to modify the
> scripts in the xcb/xml git tree???

xcb/proto (where the xml files live) contains a python library to help
you write your own bindings generator. You shouldn't need to modify
that library (in theory, at least). xcb/libxcb contains c_client.py,
which is the one you'd modify to get java_client.py:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/libxcb/tree/src/c_client.py

All that assumes that python is your favourite language. I found it
easier to start over in perl using XML::Twig:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk-1.4/tools/process-x11-xcb.pl?view=markup
; YMMV.

Peter Harris