[Xcb] Carbon, the new xcb based terminal emulator.

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Thu Mar 11 04:57:07 PST 2010

Hi,

    >  Hi   Simon!  Congratulations,  you've  triggered   a  more  vocal
    > discussion than we usually  have. :-) Hey everybody, let's lay off
    >  the  core  vs.  client   fonts  debate  and  try  to  answer  the
    > question. :-)

Just curious (sorry  to keep the debate about the fonts  up), but from a
performance  point of view,  how client-side  fonts perform  compared to
server-side? AFAIK, client-side fonts  rely on Render extension which is
accelerated more or  less by most graphics drivers,  so it should behave
reasonable well (better?) compared to server-side fonts, isn't it?

Arnaud