[Xcb] Setting the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR property on a window

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Sun Mar 21 14:34:27 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Nicholas Allen wrote:
> This maybe another silly question but I can't find the equivalent of
> XSetTransientForHint in XCB. I found the functions to query it in the
> ICCCM module but not to set it. Does XCB have something similar?

The xcb function is simply xcb_change_property, for just about
everything in ICCCM and EWMH. Core libxcb is very low level, and
deliberately avoids trying to provide helper functions.

That said, functions for setting WM_TRANSIENT_FOR (and other ICCCM
hints) could be a useful addition to the xcb/util/icccm helper
library. Patches welcome.

Peter Harris