[Xcb] Setting the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR property on a window

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Mon Mar 22 05:19:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

    > That said, functions for setting WM_TRANSIENT_FOR (and other ICCCM
    > hints)  could be  a useful addition  to the  xcb/util/icccm helper
    > library. Patches welcome.

I have attached to this email  a patch (0001) adding missing setters for
WM_CLASS and WM_TRANSIENT_FOR properties. Like existing setters, all the
parameters are given  explicitely rather than using a  structure such as
Xlib does. IMO  this is much more flexible because  it avoids the caller
to  declare a  structure, fill  it  and pass  them to  the callee  (most
programs usually have their own data structures).

The second  patch adds  a format parameter  to setters of  TEXT property
because the format  may be either 8, 16  or 32. As it breaks  the ABI, I
have also bumped the version-info.

If nobody complains about these  patches, I will commit them to xcb/util
repository.

Arnaud