[Xcb] About next release of xcb/util

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Mar 23 03:17:28 PDT 2010

Barton C Massey <bart at cs.pdx.edu> writes:
> Makes sense, I guess.  I guess I would suggest splitting
> into
>
>   xcb-util: the stuff in aux and probably atom and probably event

I wonder if things in aux should not be dropped. I never used them, and
there's just crap that copy Xlib bad protocol hiding.
The code is interesting as documentation, specially for people comming
from Xlib, but I don't think it's code that should ever be used.

>   xcb-util-image: the image library
>   xcb-util-wm: the stuff in icccm and wm

xcb-util-wm has been removed.
So we should talk about xcb-util-icccm.

> I'm not sure what to do with the keysyms stuff.  It should
> maybe be its own package, or maybe be in util.

It's rather sure that keysyms will grow in the near feature, specially
because Arnaud is working on that AFAIK.

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien at danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info