[Xcb] About next release of xcb/util

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Tue Mar 23 09:09:42 PDT 2010

    > Indeed.  The  question is whether it makes more  sense to think of
    > it  as core  functionality that almost  everyone will want,  or as
    > something that only some people will use.  I don't know the answer
    > to this.

As the split up is more about allowing xcb-util libraries to be released
independently, I think it makes  more sense to split each directory from
the  current xcb/util into  its separate  library. Moreover,  I'm pretty
sure  that  if  we  try  to  group  them  now  (for  instance  for  core
functionalities), we will end up  splitting them anyway at some point in
the future. What do you think?

Arnaud