[Xcb] About next release of xcb/util

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Mar 23 13:17:53 PDT 2010

Barton C Massey <bart at cs.pdx.edu> writes:

> I think keyboard and some of 3D are the only big missing
> gaps, right?  Anybody got others?  Is there a problem with
> using Xft at this point?  I would assume that we would use
> Cairo-XCB for all the 2D rendering of text and graphics in
> an O'Reilly book anyhow...

Cairo is not really good to draw fonts, so you'd use pango.
And then it's not an XCB book, it's become GNOME-XCB book :-)

AFAIK Xft has not been ported to XCB, but that's something I may take a
look in the future.

There's also a lot of little stuff that we miss to build real-world X
application like libxcursor. Thanks to me, we at least have
startup-notification. :-)

> Indeed. :-)  We should finish this thing just about the time
> nobody cares about X anymore.

A blessed time. :-)

--
Julien Danjou