[Xcb] Win32 port -- git help

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:42:11 PDT 2010

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying.

> Personally, I would overwrite "master" with the current version, and

Yup that sounds good. I wasn't sure what the preferred approach was in a
situation like this :)

> Assuming your github remote is called "origin", and assuming that the
> new version is locally in "master", the git steps to achieve this would
> be something like:
>
> git branch origin/master old
> git push origin old +master

Here I have one repo which is the working tree of xcb-win32 at github and
there's another repo which is the clone of xcb's git. The changes I've made
are in this clone.

How would I push this foreign tree onto my git replacing my existing tree that
I can then have in old?

Thanks and appreciate your help :)

Bye for now