[Xcb] Questions about property event handlers

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Fri Mar 26 07:48:31 PDT 2010

Julien Danjou wrote:
> Nicholas Allen <nick.allen at onlinehome.de> writes:
>

>> I have a question regarding the property helper functions in the
>> property utility library. Why is it necessary to set a default
>> handler?
>>

> It's not.

That's what I would expect ;-) I guess I found a bug then...

>> If I don't do this then my program crashes as soon as a property changes
>> that it's not interested in (for which I have not set a property handler
>> function).
>>

> Where does it crash exactly?

It's hard to say exactly as I'm using JNI (which makes debugging a bit
harder) and don't have the debug versions of the libraries installed at
the moment. I guess I should try to get everything running with the
debug versions of the libraries and see what's going on. For now, I just
set a default handler and it doesn't crash that way. I'm not sure when
I'll get a chance to debug this properly though as I'm under a fairly
tight deadline at the moment and setting the default property change
handler fixes it for me for now...

Cheers,

Nick