[Xcb] Win32 port -- git help

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:22:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've updated the current (about a couple of weeks ago) code of xcb to include
changes for Win32. I'm still testing this code however it seems all right at
the moment.

What I would like to do is push this new branch onto my github repo which
would then contain the code for the earlier version and the updated (and
history).

Unfortunately I'm not very good with git :(....I wonder what is the preferred
practice by xcb devels to do this. Should I establish a new branch at my
github repo? How should I tag this new branch? Should I then merge this new
branch to the current tree there?

I'd appreciate advice (and git steps :) ) to achieve this updation.

Bye for now

On Wednesday 24 February 2010, Jeetu Golani wrote:
> Hello Jamey,
>
> >> Why does your patch add an initWSA function to the Windows builds of
> >> XCB?
>
> I thought I had taken care of this so that WSAStartup and WSACleanup are
> handled by the caller. Will look and see if I'm not doing this. If you
>  found this as part of the old patches then that's obsolete work and if I'm
>  not mistaken the code in github shouldn't have this.
>
> >> It's a small thing, but please be careful about matching the code
> >> style of the rest of XCB's source.
>
> Probably my bad :) will work this out in my next update.
>
> >> We don't printf in libxcb, or if we do it's a mistake.
>
> Aargh I thought I'd got rid of this too. Need to review my code :) Will
>  take it off if it's still there.
>
> >> One way you can cut that down
> >> some is that I think we can replace read and write with recv and send
> >> on Unix systems just as well as you can on Windows. Then the major
> >> differences seem to be errno vs. WSAGetLastError(), and
EWOULDBLOCK