[Xcb] Win32 port - pls review

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:32:34 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have updated the Win32 port to the current (few weeks old) tree of xcb. Have
conducted a few rudimentary tests and it seems to perform all right.

>On Saturday 27 March 2010, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I would expect WSASend() to be faster than an iterative send().

I'm not too certain of this. The current design of xcb means that I would have
too do an iterative loop converting iovec's to a unified WSABUF structure. I
have done a cursory check online and have still not come up with a definitive
benefit to choosing WSASend over multiple sends in our case.

One reference from a forum that discusses the issue can be found at
http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305716

Of course I could be wrong and in which case I'll change the code. For now,
am keeping it the same.

I would appreciate if this could be reviewed and hopefully merged in with the
main tree.

Bye for now
Jeetu
http://www.ebrain.in
- An open (GPL) platform to discover and run software off someone in the
meshed network pool and use it on your own device.

twitter:  @0topcat0 and @ebrainpool