[Xcb] xcb_wait_for_reply deadlocking with xcb_property_changed call

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Wed Mar 31 04:07:33 PDT 2010

> I'm afraid I can't help. And indeed, we do not encourage using
> libxcb-property, which will disappear soon.

When I get a property change notify from the x server I don't know the
value it changed to and have to get its value. I thought that the
property utils library made this possible in an asynchronous manner and
would call my callback with the reply from the x server for the
property's value. What utility library should I be using instead for
this functionality?

Cheers,

Nick