[Xcb] DBE help ...

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Oct 29 06:44:39 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29 2010, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>  As I understand it I need to do the following points:
>
>  1. port the xdbe proto header file.
>  2. somwhere add the functions to make the calls , Xext ?
>
>  Can I have a bit of help please, it was 5 years since I did any
> 'serious' X programming, and everything is changed :-D ( whine ...
> whine whine ... and some more whining ... ).

You have to write a XML version of the protocol spec, as seen in the
xcb-proto repository.

Then, enabling its build in libxcb should generate some code. I think
DBE is quite simple, so you should not need to hack the XML -> C
generator.

OTOH, I though DBE was deprecated. Or am I wrong?

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien at danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info