[Xcb] XCB documentation effort status update

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Nov 29 19:43:55 PST 2011

On 11/29/11 12:20, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
>>    - xcb_grab_button - For your question about "in the future", that's not a
>>      reference to a planned change, but a reference to what happens in the
>>      program after this call is made.
> I see. I just removed the "In the future", since everything is going to happen
> in the future (after the request was sent). Or is there some important nuance
> I’m missing here?

It's that it doesn't do the active grab right away, but waits until the listed
conditions are true, and does the grab then.

>>    - xcb_set_input_focus - the revert_to argument gives a list of values named
>>      XCB_INPUT_FOCUS_*, then a bunch of text describing them with
>>      XCB_REVERT_TO_* names instead.
> Left-over of an old run, updated, see below.

Right, it wasn't until after I sent that message that I tried a build of the
repos I cloned from yours and saw that some of the things I mentioned in the
pregenerated pages were already fixed in the sources.

>>    - Would you use XML entities or some other method to define repeated
>>      information?   For instance, xcb_list_fonts, xcb_list_fonts_with_info,
>>      xcb_open_font, etc. could all use a consistent explanation/pointer to
>>      the XLFD doc for font pattern / name conventions.   And that doc may
>>      be found locally (for instance, I package it for Solaris 11 in
>>      /usr/share/doc/X11/specs/XLFD/ ) or it can be found online at
>>      http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.6/doc/xorg-docs/specs/XLFD/
> Hm, I guess the online reference is more useful (since system-independent). I
> would add that as another<see>  tag for the SEE ALSO section. Do you agree or
> did you have something very different in mind?

That seems reasonable.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com