[Xcb] xlib versus xcb performance in Qt Applications?

Josh Triplett josh at joshtriplett.org
Sat Mar 31 12:00:20 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 01:36:27AM -0700, Rick Stockton wrote:
> So, what kinds of things would you like me to compare? I've got a
> example Apps with flying things; one which plays a short movie; and
> various other examples of "Painting Goodness".

Does Qt5 take advantage of XCB's ability to send a pile of requests and
then get back a pile of responses, without waiting for a round trip each
time like Xlib does?  In particular, does it do so for the pile of
requests needed at startup time?  If so, perhaps you could time
application startup, both locally and over a high-latency connection.

> It would be my privilege. :)

Thank you!

- Josh Triplett