[Xcb] Next libxcb and xcb-proto release for 1st August ?

Daniel Martin consume.noise at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:57:30 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 06:08:29PM +0200, Uli Schlachter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just to make it clear: The plan is to release xcb-proto 1.10 and libxcb 1.11.
> (Will we ever get these version numbers in sync again..?)
>
> If no big objections show up, I would just do the release on (or around)
> August 1st. However, I can't promise that I will get it done on that day since
> I have might be quite busy.
>
> On 17.07.2014 01:15, Axel Davy wrote:
> > Is there an objection for a release, something you want to be in ?
>
> Attached are patches updating the NEWS files for everything that is already in
> git. Feel free to complain about wording & forgotten changes. I only mentioned
> the important things and sometimes merged multiple commits into one entry.
>
> Also, due to the #include cleanup, the new libxcb version must depend on the
> new xcb-proto one. Otherwise, Thing Don't Work (tm).
>
> Looking at patchwork, there are the modLatches-and-padding-patches that Daniel
> is working on. And lots and lots of other patches that people could look into.
> However, nothing which I would really consider a release blocker.
>
> It would be really nice and make me really happy if everyone (this includes
> YOU!) took a quick look at our open entries in patchwork and reviewed or
> complained about some of them. I would like to see that list empty before we
> do a release.

I walked through proto patches, queued them in a branch and wrote a
quick note on the list for each (or series). A few (my whiches to remove
xprint) have been dropped (Rejected in patchwork).

The code generator and libxcb patches are next. hopefully until the end
of the week. But, atm. it's wayyyy to hot and the match of Taylor vs.
Webster distracts me. ;)

I didn't found a decent documentation for patchwork (sure I've used the
wrong keywords to search for). Anyone could help me with:
- A patch has "Patch Properties". What's the "Archived" option for?
- Is a "bundle" a synonym for a serie of patches?
- The state "Accepted" has to be set when a patch became merged in
  master, not before?

Cheers,
    Daniel