[Xcb] Next libxcb and xcb-proto release for 1st August ?

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sun Jul 20 14:36:14 PDT 2014

On 20.07.2014 22:57, Daniel Martin wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 06:08:29PM +0200, Uli Schlachter wrote:
[...]
>> It would be really nice and make me really happy if everyone (this
>> includes YOU!) took a quick look at our open entries in patchwork and
>> reviewed or complained about some of them. I would like to see that list
>> empty before we do a release.
>
> I walked through proto patches, queued them in a branch and wrote a quick
> note on the list for each (or series). A few (my whiches to remove xprint)
> have been dropped (Rejected in patchwork).

Thanks!

(That "rejected" was me after some mail on the mailing list sounded like it
would stay and I think I remember you agreeing to that)

> The code generator and libxcb patches are next. hopefully until the end of
> the week. But, atm. it's wayyyy to hot and the match of Taylor vs. Webster
> distracts me. ;)

Thanks! I can easily wait longer if I know someone is working on something.
However, there are people out there who have to live with our mistakes from
the past and which I wouldn't want to leave waiting for a full year.

> I didn't found a decent documentation for patchwork (sure I've used the
> wrong keywords to search for). Anyone could help me with: - A patch has
> "Patch Properties". What's the "Archived" option for?

No idea.

> - Is a "bundle" a synonym for a serie of patches?

No idea.

> - The state "Accepted" has to be set when a patch became merged in master,
> not before?

My "workflow" is like this:

Whenever I see a patch that was rejected in a way that makes it clear that the
patch was definitely rejected, I mark the patch as Rejected in patchworks.

When a new version of a series appears, I mark the old patches as superseded.

Finally, when I see something in git, I mark the patches as accepted.

No idea if this is the way that patchwork is intended to be used, but that's
what I were silently doing.

Uli
- --
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.