[Xcb] Next libxcb and xcb-proto release for 1st August ?

Daniel Martin consume.noise at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:11:49 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:57:30PM +0200, Daniel Martin wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 06:08:29PM +0200, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > just to make it clear: The plan is to release xcb-proto 1.10 and libxcb 1.11.
> > (Will we ever get these version numbers in sync again..?)
> >
> > If no big objections show up, I would just do the release on (or around)
> > August 1st. However, I can't promise that I will get it done on that day since
> > I have might be quite busy.
> >
> > On 17.07.2014 01:15, Axel Davy wrote:
> > > Is there an objection for a release, something you want to be in ?
> >
> > Attached are patches updating the NEWS files for everything that is already in
> > git. Feel free to complain about wording & forgotten changes. I only mentioned
> > the important things and sometimes merged multiple commits into one entry.
> >
> > Also, due to the #include cleanup, the new libxcb version must depend on the
> > new xcb-proto one. Otherwise, Thing Don't Work (tm).
> >
> > Looking at patchwork, there are the modLatches-and-padding-patches that Daniel
> > is working on. And lots and lots of other patches that people could look into.
> > However, nothing which I would really consider a release blocker.
> >
> > It would be really nice and make me really happy if everyone (this includes
> > YOU!) took a quick look at our open entries in patchwork and reviewed or
> > complained about some of them. I would like to see that list empty before we
> > do a release.
>
> I walked through proto patches, queued them in a branch and wrote a
> quick note on the list for each (or series). A few (my whiches to remove
> xprint) have been dropped (Rejected in patchwork).
>
> The code generator and libxcb patches are next. hopefully until the end
> of the week.

As always, I'm to late. But, finally I have pushed the queued patches to
github:

---8<---

The following changes since commit 84bfd909bc3774a459b11614cfebeaa584a1eb38:

  xv: Add align. pad in struct AdaptorInfo (2014-06-10 14:01:51 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/bartsch/xcb-proto.git for-master

for you to fetch changes up to 8d7ee5b6ba4cf343f7df70372a3e1f85b82aeed7:

  xkb: Add missing modLatches as comment to LatchLockState (2014-07-27 18:24:51 +0200)

Daniel Martin (8):
      xproto: Fix EnterNotify documentation
      schema: Set default attribute values
      schema: Add attribute 'name' to <fd>
      schema: Remove dec-or-hex-integer and hex-integer type
      schema: Restricted enum item values
      xinput: Add missing pad in DeviceResolutionCtl
      xinput: Add missing pad in XIChangeHierarchy
      xkb: Add missing modLatches as comment to LatchLockState

Ran Benita (1):
      Add <fd> to xml-xcb.txt

 doc/xml-xcb.txt |  8 ++++++++
 src/xcb.xsd     | 35 ++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 src/xinput.xml  |  2 ++
 src/xkb.xml     |  4 ++++
 src/xproto.xml  |  8 ++++----

--->8---

My first patches in the proto branch don't have a R-b. But, they
just touch the schema (all xml descriptions still validate) and one
fixes documentation in xproto. Well, my wording could be a blocker here.
I hope you feel fine with my decision on those patches.

and
---8<---

The following changes since commit 49a61c8b459ab19c7f39e653bbb0d0339ea8f00f:

  Fix typos & awkward wording in tutorial (2014-07-11 20:41:15 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/bartsch/xcb-libxcb.git for-master

for you to fetch changes up to 70ea5da64b34336bb0916f6c325545cb50746159:

  xcb.h: add 'struct' before xcb_setup_t, xcb_query_extension_reply_t (2014-07-28 20:36:32 +0200)

Alexander Mezin (1):
      xcb.h: add 'struct' before xcb_setup_t, xcb_query_extension_reply_t

Ran Benita (7):
      c_client.py: remove useless 'today' variable
      c_client.py: remove trailing whitespace
      c_client.py: prefix all monkey-patched fields with c_
      c_client.py: make the man page output deterministic
      c_client.py: remove useless generated comments
      c_client.py: remove trailing whitespace from generated files
      c_client.py: remove more trailing space from generated files

 src/xcb.h       |   4 +-

--->8---

Due to the struct(ural) changes in xinput and xkb, they require a
so-version bump. :\

Cheers,
    Daniel