[Xcb] New release of xcb ?

Christian Linhart chris at DemoRecorder.com
Sun Aug 2 08:02:37 PDT 2015

Hi Olivier,

We still have some critical bugs that are not fixed.
Therefore we cannot make a release now.

I am working on one of the things. (the problem with using pointer-address % 4 ( or %8 ) as offset. I am implementing an alternative where the offsets are computed statically by the generator. This work in progress, but should be finished soon.)

Jaya is working on another area: proper handling of lengthless lists (under my mentorship.)
This is critical because not handling this properly now will create ABI/API issues for later releases.

There may be other critical bugs that are not fixed yet. Does anybody have an overview?
If nobody has an overview, I'll go through patchwork once I'll be finished with the current bugfix.

I am sorry for the long time this takes. But we are working in our spare-time besides full-time jobs and other responsibilities. So this unfortunately takes time.

If you need this quicker for a project, you can apply the 64bit API patch to the last official release of XCB.
Or you could make a branch for this in the official repo and make an official release out of that that is just the last release + 64bit API patch.

Cheers,

Chris